What’s happening in January?
1. Marilyn Harper has written a new article entitled The Rhythm of Life. In this article, Marilyn describes how the music we grew up with in the 1950’s-1970’s, morphs into newer expressions.
2. The Society’s Annual Dinner is on Wednesday 24th January 2018 at 7.00 for 7.30. This will be the third time we have held our dinner in this place so don’t miss coming to this enjoyable event – and bring a guest. More details given here.
It is most important that you let our Hon Sec, Richard Pilliner, know if you intend to come and how many guests you wish to bring, so that the restaurant can know the numbers. There is no need to pay in advance.
3. Our Annual Composite Recital, hosted by Marilyn Nicholson at the Penge Congregational Church, is scheduled for the Sat 3rd February a 2.00-5.00pm. Details of how to take part and to book practice will be published shortly. But now is the time to get the music out, dust it down and think what a lot of people would be interested in hearing you play it!
4. Note from our Hon Treasurer, Peter Ramell, to members about subscriptions.
“I am writing about subscriptions for 2018, which are generally due in January when the majority of members’ standing orders are paid, although some members pay at other times in the year. Could you please complete the renewal form (downloadable from here) and send it to me at the address shown, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Just a reminder that subscriptions are £16 for ordinary members, £11 for seniors and £6 for students. (Someone who joins as a student (18 or under) can continue to benefit from this lower student rate up to and including the age of 24, if they remain a full-time student.) Payment can be either by cheque or by standing order (to SSLSO’s bank account with HSBC). If you pay by cheque, could you please enclose a cheque with the renewal form. If you would like a new standing order form, a mandate form (with the HSBC account details) is available from the here . If there should be any problems please do let me know, on email@example.com .”
5. Organist’s appointment available form April 2018 at St Laurence, Catford to support the Director of Music, Jocelyn Freeman. Full details here
7. Funds to support Organists
8. Recital Guides
|The London Organ Concerts Guide|
|National Organ Recitals|
|South Bank International Organ Series|
A personal note from the Web Editor