What’s happening in November?
1. Marilyn Harper has written a new article entitled Thoughts on articulation. In this article, Marilyn describes the changing views on performing a piece and the relationship this has with the organ builders and publishers. She reiterates her feelings about the importance of body posture which she illustrates by reference to a Big Band playing a Benny Goodman number at a recent funeral!
2. We have some new music on Let the music sound from our Chair, Andrew Chadney, who plays Andante by Joseph Hector Fiocco (1703-1741).
3. Norman Harper is running the third in his series of Improvisations workshops on the 21st October at 2.30 pm at St John’s Shirley, Church Road, Croydon, CR0 5EE . Come and be inspired to be more adventurous and interesting. In Norman’s words ‘anybody can improvise‘. More information here. – We will have the write up of this shortly.
4. The Society’s Annual Dinner is looming on the horizon, so be sure to keep 8th November 2017 at 7.00 for 7.30 free for this successful and enjoyable event – and bring a guest. More details given here
Rearranging to 24th January. Do Come!
5. We have a list of recitals that have been notifide to the Society which are summarised in the table below and given in detail on the Diary page.
7. Remarkable BBC 4 pogramme where Howard Goodal explores why Sgt Pepper is seen as so innovative, so revolutinary and so influencial using original studeo recordings where you can hear the performers working together. Arena: The Beatless’ Magical Mystery Tour 11th November 2018, 10.30
9. Funds to support Organists
9. Recital Guides
|The London Organ Concerts Guide|
|National Organ Recitals|
|South Bank International Organ Series|
A personal note from the Web Editor